Friday, December 28, 2007

What I think of when I think of England.

This is what I pictured England like. Of course, there are so many different parts of England, but this was really it. All of the fences that keep the sheep in are made of stone, and the sheep are everywhere. This is a shot from above the farm where we stayed. There were hiking trails all through the property and we hung out together, in the mist and smell of sheep. Again, it felt open and fresh and endlessly stress free. The food was typical pub food, everywhere. We went to dinner in town, having shepherds pies and fish and chips. I can't even believe how much fish and chips Davey ate. Although it was the only really good option, I just couldn't stomach fish and chips again, but Davey really enjoyed the slabs of fish that covered the plates. The food was interesting...very few fresh vegetables and lots of meat and potatoes kind of stuff. Heavy and greasy, but quite an experience.

No comments: