Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Even the Scottish Cattle are redheads.


We finally found some furry cows. These are Highland Cattle and are so adorable. We saw a few near Inverness but these were on the Isle of Skye. It was pouring rain and they were content in all their fur to be hanging out together. I was so happy to find some. Although they are from the Highlands, they are kind of rare. You don't see many of them. This was our first day on the Isle of Skye, Sept. 14, and it was so stormy that we barely could stand outside. It was a lot like the Oregon Coast. So windy, so rainy and so incredibly beautiful. That day, we spent the evening inside and watching the storm rage outside. We stayed in a dingy but fine bed and breakfast. The hostess had a few movies downstairs and after all these days of traveling through Scotland we just had to watch Braveheart. We ended up watching it on Davey's laptop and listening to the rain pounding our roof. Much was yet to come...

1 comment:

Pamela Newton said...

I thought I would say hello and tell you that I think your blog is great. I've been keeping up with your journey and it sounds and looks great. I particularly like the red furry cows. Maybe you can suggest to your dad that he should get one. did you see a play in the Globe or just get pushed around by the British tour guide. One of my best firends was the American leader of that project. He can tell you a lot about the timbers and paint. Anyway, I'm glad you are having fun. John